Tuesday 20 September 2011

Cycle Day 1

So AF has finally arrived, late but she's finally here - which means our first IVF cycle is now in play!!

My first Estradiol and Ultrasound appt are booked for Thursday am (CD3) and then I get my full protocol.  I am excited, nervous, apprehensive and both looking forward and dreading the next few weeks.

If all goes well, ER is predicted 5 October? with 5day transfer being the 10th? and a test date of the 19th?

My dad just called and he wants to come visit, and has picked flights arriving on 5th October, leaving the 19th!  I'm taking this to be a good sign and not one to stress out about!  I haven't told my parents what we are doing so I guess I'll be outing myself when he arrives, on oath of secrecy!

I told 3 RL friends, 2 local and 1 far away, last week that we were going down a more invasive route with the doctors, and it's really helped me I think.  Having someone I can call on a bad day will be a welcome relief, rather than trying to hold it all in.

I have 7 days of PTO left an I figure I want them for the post ET stage?  What do you ladies think? Is ER worse and I should take some then?


4 comments:

  1. Let the fun begin!! Excited to follow your cycle! You'll be getting your beta right around the time I start my stims! Fun stuff! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! During our IVF cycle I had to be on bed rest for one day after ER and then 2 days after ET. However, I was pretty sore after ER and ended up laying around for a couple extra days after the bed rest. It probably will depend a lot on the number of eggs (the difficulty of getting to them) and if you over-stim at all. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for AF! May this be your last one for at least 9 months :). I'm rooting for you! I bet it will fly from here! My stims are going to start right around the time of your ER/ET, so I'll be right behind you! Hope we both get our BFP's this cycle. Sending love and good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! I was all over my schedule too...I wanted to know every detail of what would happen when. Hopefully things go according to your plan cause having your Dad there for support would be great.

    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete