Monday 12 March 2012

On achieving viability

I breathed a huge sigh of relief, yes I know it wouldn't be all roses and sunshine, but that 24 week marker was such a huge line to breach.  Today I'm 24wks and 5 days, it seems very surreal.

I have a beautiful baby boy in my belly, who is growing well, and takes a lot of pleasure out of kicking me a LOT! It's wonderful, but sometimes he does catch me off guard.  He responds to DH's voice when he says goodnight to him, and a wee kicking flurry begins, DH got a lovely couple of kicks to the head the other night :)

I've begun making some prints for the nursery, I fell in love with these prints at Pottery Barn, but I refuse to pay those prices, so I found a few DIY sites from Pinterest (you can check my board out here).  I finished an elephant print yesterday, and today I will work on the bear - I still have no work to do at work so I figure I will use my time wisely.  An ikea trip is planned for the beginning of April to get the nursery furniture, and hopefully we'll paint before that trip.

Knitting has been going well, we have a hoodie, a cardigan, a blanket, a hat and a pair of boots completed, and a sweater is currently on the needles.

For some weird reason I keep thinking this baby is going to come at 38 weeks, who knows but I'd quite like to be organised just in case!

Glucose test is this Friday, fingers crossed I pass, next ultrasound is in 2 weeks, hoping the little munchkin is growing on target!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your glucose test....mine is next Thurs. I hope we are able to keep the sweet stuff down...and pass! I love the prints but I know what you mean about the price...wow! I bet yours will look even better, I cant wait to see pictures! I have saved tons by making items...it keeps me busy and homemade items are so unique:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for almost 25 weeks! You're right, even though it would be less than ideal, it feels so good to know our little boys would have a good chance of making it if they came now. It's a big step! Third trimester is right around the corner too!

    I followed you on Pinterest. Such cute boards! Good luck on your glucose test. I did mine early at 17 weeks and failed, so it's been a struggle that I hope you don't have to go through. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 24 weeks that is a big milestone! And good luck for the GD test! I have it and have been taking insulin and it isn't too terrible. Fingers crossed you'll be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 24 weeks! Good luck with your glucose test tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo for 24 weeks!! An awesome milestone!!

    Good luck with your glucose screening today! Mine is in a few weeks and I'm not particularly looking forward to drinking that nasty stuff... or finding out the results.

    Love that you're getting so much ready for your little boy!

    ReplyDelete