Tuesday 1 May 2012

Crazy Dreams

Last night I dreamt I gave birth, it wasn't at all painful, but in my head I knew it was a trial run.. the weird part was I gave birth to a baby giraffe.  As if that's not weird enough, the nurses then told me I had to breastfeed it, so I'm looking at this giraffe with huge lips and teeth and thinking no way, I was however quite happy to say that I would squirt the milk into it's mouth.  The nurses seemed as horrified by this solution, as I was by the giraffes two huge front teeth.  Luckily I woke up before anything else happened.

32 weeks this week - meaning less than 8 weeks to go, according to the WTE app, I have 56 days left!  We have a busy week this week with NST tests, the start of the baby birthing classes, DH's birthday, Doctors appointment, Kids Sale that I registered to go to and the baby shower.

After the baby shower, I plan on doing much of the remaining purchases, and then I feel like I can start to organise the nursery and make it more "us".  I already love the room, I can't wait to see it once it has some personality injected into it!

I am also beginning to feel a bit of my energy returning, so hopefully this means my house will no longer look like a bombsite, and I will actually be able to start tackling all the little niggly items that have been bugging me for a few weeks :)

Happy chickens!

9 comments:

  1. Hi K - your dream was so bizarre, but made me LOL. I've had dreams where my newborn had lots of teeth or I just forget to feed my newborn and then realize I haven't fed him. But a Giraffe? Wonder where that came from?
    You do have a busy week ahead! Try to pace yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A giraffe?! ha ha. That is great you have some energy returning. I am also waiting on the baby shower before I finish my purchases. So not long to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened to your website? Hope all is going well! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Lol love the dream! Good luck with your busy week, you sure have lots on the go!! Can't wait to see pics. Have fun at your shower and hope the NST goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    New follower here looking for some advice! Could you share with me why you decided to go with ICSI during your IVF procedure? Is that something we could push for or is it based on results? We are heading towards our first IVF cycle...would really appreciate any feedback on this!
    Your journey gives me a lot of strength. Thanks for sharing! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, DH had a slightly low morphology score - the RE wasn't concerned, but he mentioned we could do half ICSI and half normal/regular. As we were unexplained infertility this would let us know if the eggs were able to be fertilized normally too.

      It worked out around $500 more for the ICSI and we decided it was worth the risk. As it turns out we had no fertilization issues :)

      We transferred one ICSI and one regularly fertilized - we don't know which one took. They do offer more genetic tests if you get pregnant after ICSI as in some cases there is a higher risk of abnormalities- we didn't do any extra screening as we had decided whatever the outcome we would raise the baby (so no amnio for us).

      I will be keeping my fingers crossed for your cycle - I found the injections really easy and relatively painless, some burn a little after but you can use ice to numb the area before if you want! Check out ivfmeds.com - you can get the same medications shipped from Europe for half the US prices!

      Delete
    2. K, Thanks much for the information. That was very helpful :)
      One more question - did you submit the bills from IVFmeds to your insurance? Can we do that?

      Delete
  5. Yes, they will send you an itemised bill so you can submit them to your insurance :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe! Loved your dream! Glad you are getting your energy back. I bet that makes a huge difference especially for your busy week.

    ReplyDelete