Tuesday 27 September 2011

Day 6 - U/S & B/W

So today is Day 6 of the stims and we had our first real monitoring this am to see how well (or not) that I am reacting to the drugs!

The U/S shows 16 follicles, 5 on the right and 11 on the left, the largest is on the right at about 7mm.  Estradiol results will come back later this afternoon (655!).

For now I will wait to see about the drug dosage, I think the RE will keep me on my 75IU Puregon and Repronex, although he did mention he may do alternates so 1 day at 75, one at 150.  They definitely do not want more follicles, just growth now :)

** Update dose is now 150 Puregon, 75 Repronex tonight, regular tomorrow (75x2) and increased dose on Thursday (150/75), with monitoring on Friday!

My nurse mentioned that I have multi-follicular ovaries, just not PCOS, that's the first time I've heard that phrase, so I'll be doing some investigation now....

DH and I have a poll going for how many we think we will we will end up with, I've got my money on 11, he went with 10.  Only 9 days left till we can find out the winner :)

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard the term multi-follicular ovaries either. Did she say anything else about it?

    Sounds like your follies are coming right along. Hope to hear more great news as you progress through stims. I'm betting on 12!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same dose I was on. Hopefully it does the trick!

    It's so hard to guess the # you'll end up with. I started at 12, and within just a few days ended up with 21!

    Grow (existing) follies grow! lol

    ReplyDelete